In this video, experiment with duplicating, moving, and merging layers.
- [Instructor] As a finishing touch, … I have added this beautiful rainbow to my image … and I want to use it to show you how you can make use … of different opacity levels and blend modes … for your layers. … So as we can see, our rainbow sits on its own layer … and its opacity is at 100%. … If we click on the little arrow here … we get access to the opacity slider … and we can use that to adjust the opacity of our layer. … And also, just like in every other color application tool … we can set the layer to different blend modes. … The current mode is Normal, … but for something like a rainbow … we might want to use an effect like Lighten, … or Screen, or maybe Color Dodge. … We can see the different modes being previewed … while we are going through the list. … Let's pick Screen. … Now the rainbow looks much more like a light effect … even better than when we used the opacity only. … I'd also like to point out that blend modes and opacity … are also available for groups. … So in this group here we have our bushes and our tree …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.