Learn how to use the Lasso tool to make selections and how to switch to the Polygonal Lasso tool by using the option key.
- [Instructor] When you need to have…a little more control of your selection…so that you can select a garment…so that you can fill with additional fabric,…you might want to try using the Lasso Tool.…And if you click and hold, you'll notice…there are a few different lassos here,…but I quite like using the plain old Lasso Tool.…And I'll show you why.…Let's zoom in here so I can make a selection.…With the Lasso Tool, if you start using…the plain old Lasso, you can click and drag.…And when you let go, it closes its path,…which is kind of a nice, easy way…to make a selection.…
So I prefer working with this tool.…The other thing about using this tool…is if you click and drag with it,…and then hold down the Alt key,…it switches to the Polygon Lasso,…which lets you kind of go click,…click, click and take little nips of things.…But still, if you release the Alt key,…it goes back to the original Lasso Tool,…and closes the path for you.…So, it's a nice way to work.…So, when I make selections here,…I'll start with my Lasso Tool,…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.