In this video, use the Lasso selection tool to create a more organic selection and learn how to switch on the fly between the Lasso tool and the Polygonal Lasso tool.
- [Instructor] Selections are an important part … of all kinds of digital painting workflows. … We are not limited to rectangular and elliptical selections. … In the toolbar we find the lasso tool, … which helps us to create just any selection … that we can imagine. … If we click and drag with the lasso tool, … we create a thin line. … If we release the lasso tool, … the line will automatically be closed … and we end up with a selection … that resembles our line drawing. … We now can use this selection for our color application. … The lasso tool works … just like the rectangular or elliptical … marquee selection tool … in the way that we have different options … for combining selections. … In its normal state, … we create a selection … and replace the existing selection, … but we can also add to our existing selection, … subtract from our existing selection, … and also intersect. … When we click and hold the lasso tool icon, … we encounter the polygonal lasso tool. … This is a variation of the lasso tool …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.