Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Lasso tool, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Selections are really important…for our work on the digital cameras,…and we are not limited to…rectangular or elliptical selections.…There's another tool called the lasso selection tool.…And with the lasso tool, we can make…free form selections.…And this means that everything that we can draw…can end up to be a selection.…We just have to close the path here,…and we end up with a wonderful…blobby selection that we can use to paint now.…
"ctrl + d" clears our selection, and we can do another one.…And you can see that this…really is selection heaven,…cause we can just do anything that we can imagine.…And just like with the marquee tool,…we can switch through the different modes here,…so we can add to our lasso selection,…and we can substract from our lasso selection,…and we can select the…intersection of two selections.…
Now, there's a variation of the lasso selection tool,…and it's called the polygon lasso tool.…And this is just…a little bit more limited.…You're doing straight lines with the…polygonal lasso selection tool.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.