Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the new 3D materials and rendering controls, part of Photoshop CS6 New Features Overview.
Another big improvement provided by the Creative Cloud update for users of …Photoshop CS6 Extended is improved materials control as well as improved …rendering control when working with 3D objects. …Let's take a look at these new features. Now I'm beginning this video with the …3D_material.psd file already open on my machine. …And I'm going to go ahead and switch to the Move tool, that way I can see my 3D …workspace here. And I'm going to come down here and …click on the 3D panel so that I can see my options.…
Now I'm going to click on the Materials button, to display the materials on this object. …If I come up to my Properties panel, and I scroll down the bottom, you'll notice …that I have a new section here called Normal. …And if I click on this folder, I have this new option that allows me to …essentially generate normal maps from my current diffused maps. …So if I choose that option, you'll notice that Photoshop briefly processes that, …and now provides additional control for my normal maps.…
- What is the Creative Cloud?
- HiDPI resolution for Retina displays
- Pen and Crop tool enhancements
- Copying CSS data to a web page
- Importing swatches from HTML/CSS/SVG
- Introducing the new 3D lighting, materials, and rendering controls
- Using the new materials controls in a real-world project