Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the new 3D lighting tools, part of Photoshop CS6 New Features Overview.
For users of Photoshop CS6 Extended, the latest Creative Cloud update provides a …number of performance improvements that are sure to improve your 3D workflow. …The improvement that I'd like to show you in this video is in the category of lighting. …Let's take a look. I'm beginning this video with the 3D.PSD …file already open on my computer. And I'm going to go ahead and switch over …to my 3D work space so that I have the panels available that I want to use and …I'm going to also switch to my move tool. Now what I'll do is I'll just simply make …a adjustment here so that I can see a little bit more of the side of this note …that I'm working on. And then what I also want to show you is, …I can click up here on the infinite light that I have applied to this note.…
So I'm going to go ahead and do that. And you'll notice that with the Creative …Cloud update, as I move my infinite light, as I move the direction, you can …see immediately how the lighting changes are applied and how they effect your object. …
- What is the Creative Cloud?
- HiDPI resolution for Retina displays
- Pen and Crop tool enhancements
- Copying CSS data to a web page
- Importing swatches from HTML/CSS/SVG
- Introducing the new 3D lighting, materials, and rendering controls
- Using the new materials controls in a real-world project