Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the Sol Duc Valley, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- We started our adventure in Forks, Washington,…and did a beautiful drive to the Sol Duc Valley.…We're here in Olympic National Park…and it's all about forests.…After a beautiful hike of about a 1/2 a mile…we've reached this fantastic creek.…Now, there's a famous waterfall…just 2/10 of a mile from here,…but you don't wanna get caught up on the iconic spots.…You wanna have your eyes open…and you may find areas that are more interesting…than the iconic subject itself.…In this example, many years ago…when I first started landscape photography,…I came to this creek and it was a major inspiration…for me as a photographer, and a lot of my images…came from this one experience.…
I'm so glad to be back here.…Now, in the forest we're gonna be dealing with…a lot of chaos and just a lot of stuff.…It's a forest.…It's filled with trees and bushes…and leaves and all sorts of things.…And we're gonna need a diverse approach.…We're gonna use different lenses.…We're gonna use a wide-angle lens,…a telephoto lens, a macro lens,…and one of my specialties and a lens I love,…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.