Introduces the latest and greatest features in the ever-evolving Photoshop CC.
- Hi, I'm Dick McClelland. Welcome to the New Features in Photoshop, updating continuously and one might even say relentlessly, thanks to the Creative Cloud. Now, since the advent of commercial software, we've gotten in the habit of thinking in terms of version numbers, so where Creative Suite is concerned, there was CS6 and before that, CS5 and so forth. That is a thing of the past, as the Creative Cloud subscriber, you will now always have the most current version of Photoshop and you will be prompted to update every time a new version is available.
So, instead of waiting 18 months or even a couple of years between versions of Photoshop, you will receive updates at least every six months, is my understanding from Adobe. Now, this may sound a little overwhelming, who needs new features every six months? Well, you do, of course, and I'm going to be here to tell you exactly how those features work. So, the next time you're prompted to update Photoshop, go ahead and do so and then come back to this course and I will have new movies for you, teaching you how those new features work.
Three things up front here. First of all, Photoshop supports high resolution screen displays such as retina displays in the Mac or high DPI screens on the PC and I cannot tell you what a game changer this is. Photoshop is so beautiful, it's near print resolution, 221 PPI, in the case of my MacBook Pro 15 inch and it's way better than print because there's no half tone dots, the colors are better and so forth. So great. Second, we've gotten used to thinking in terms of Photoshop Standard, which has all the image editing functions, and then Photoshop Extended, which has 3D, again, no more, every version of Photoshop has 3D and finally, if you enjoy using Bridge as a file browser and management tool, it doesn't get installed automatically along with Photoshop, you have to install it manually, however it is available along with the Creative Cloud and when you install Bridge, you also install Mini Bridge into Photoshop.
Otherwise, all the new features are documented in the following videos, please watch and enjoy.
Note: Adobe Creative Cloud is updated on a regular basis. We will add more tutorials as features are added or changed, so check back often.
- Upsampling intelligently with Preserve Details
- Working with the improved Liquify and Smart Sharpen filters
- Applying Camera Raw as a Smart Filter
- Automating level and perspective correction
- Creating vignettes with the Radial Filters tool
- Isolating and releasing layers
- Painting on 3D objects