Introducing Photoshop: Photography
Although learning Photoshop from square one can seem daunting, this course gives you exactly the knowledge you need to get started developing your photographs with Adobe's premiere photo-editing tool. Popular instructor Deke McClelland will quickly introduce you to the core Photoshop features that most benefit photographers, even those with no prior Photoshop experience.
Interested in using Photoshop for graphic design? Check out the companion course, Introducing Photoshop: Design.
- Importing photos from your camera
- Adding copyright and metadata
- Adjusting brightness and contrast, and levels and hues
- Developing photos in Camera Raw
- Retouching eyes, teeth, and skin
- Cropping for composition and straightening a crooked photograph
- Resampling photographs for enlargements or reductions
- Sharpening photographs to maintain detail
- Working with layers, selections, and masks to make editable changes
- Merging and saving images
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Welcome to Adobe Photoshop. Now, even if you've never used Photoshop in your life, you probably know that it lets you modify digital photographs. That is to say, you can correct a photo to make it look it's very best. You can retouch portrait shots so that every one you capture looks like a star, and you can selectively modify details so that every nook and cranny of your image conveys impact. The purpose of the following movies is to get you acquainted with Photoshop in the shortest time possible.
We make no attempt to cover every feature in the software, far from it. Instead, I show you just those features that you need to make every photo look great. Specifically, I show you how to import and organize your photos, I show you how to adjust brightness, contrast, and color, to bring out the best in your photographs. And I show you how to retouch away blemishes, as well as sharpen details so that your images resonate with even the most casual observer.
Note that I assume no prior knowledge. If you happen to know a thing or two about Photoshop, great. If not, no problem. If ever you felt you wanted to enhance your photographs, but weren't even sure what questions to ask, this is the place to start. My hope is that by the time we're done, any fear you may have had about learning Photoshop will evaporate. In the meantime, here's how to make your photograph shine.
Photoshop CC for Photographers: Camera Raw 8 Fundamentals271,038 Views
Photoshop CC for Photographers: Sharpening132,094 Views
Photoshop CC Raw Workshop87,018 Views
Bridge CC for Photographers127,267 Views
Photoshop CC Image Optimization84,594 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views