Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the Hoh Rain Forest location and shoot plan, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- We're here in the Hoh Rainforest,…an incredible location at Olympic National Park.…with dense, green foliage,…incredible trees full of moss.…It's really spectacular here.…Before I came, I washed my tripod…from last night's shoot of the beach.…Any time you get sand and saltwater in that tripod,…rinse it with fresh water that night,…and that's gonna help the longevity of your tripod.…Alright, so we're here, it's rainy and wet.…Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.…It's not gonna stop us at all.…
In fact, it's gonna give us super-saturated color.…So, we like the rain, we embrace the rain,…and we shoot in the rain.…Now, I have some tools to help me.…The first one is,…I've changed rain jackets to a super-thick…fisherman's rain jacket.…They wear these on boats out to sea.…And the reason I'm wearing it is,…we're on a very short hike today,…very close to the car,…and I'm not gonna be sweating and working out.…I don't need a Gore-Tex, breathable coat.…I want a coat that's absolutely solid,…and I will definitely stay dry.…
Second tool I have is an umbrella.…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 47s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.