This is a small program provided with the course that makes some Lab creative color processes more convenient; the goal is to learn how to install it in Photoshop.
- [Instructor] In this course, … I've shown you how to use individual … LAB color channel adjustments to enhance images. … It's important to understand how … these individual moves work, so … you can use them when you need them. … But there's another way to work, … which is to use the entire universe … of LAB color channel adjustments … as a pallet to choose from, for … potentially changing your image. … Generally, the scope of this kind … of LAB activity is when you want to … proceed creatively, rather than … when you want to use these tools or techniques … for enhancement and retouching. … Fortunately, I've made the process of … using LAB color adjustments as a pallet … easy and almost automatic by writing … a Photoshop action to create this pallet. … A Photoshop action is Photoshop's version … of a script of a macro. … I am pleased to make my action available … to you in conjunction with this course. … Let's start by installing My Photoshop Action. … First, if Photoshop is open, quit Photoshop. …
- Converting images to Lab Color space
- Applying Curves to Lab channels
- Selective sharpening
- Inverting channels
- Making per-channel equalizations
- Using the Lab action
- Combining Lab Color with blending modes
- Making patterns with Lab images
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Backgrounds and Textureswith Harold Davis2h 18m Intermediate
Enhancing Landscape Photos with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Ben Long1h 30m Intermediate
Enhancing Night and Low-Light Photos with Photoshopwith Seán Duggan2h 12m Intermediate
1. Fine-Tuning an Image with LAB and Curves
2. Using the Inversion Adjustment
Inverting the A channel3m 25s
3. Working with Equalizations
4. A Palette of Lab Possibilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.