This video explores the characteristics and usage of the Indexed color mode.
- [Instructor] This movie is about indexed color.…Indexed color is something you can get to…through a mode conversion, but you'll more likely…end up with an indexed color image by…exporting using Save for Web.…Indexed color images are saved…as PNG 8-bit or as GIF files.…I'm going to switch this to a PNG-8,…and I'm also going to change the image size…to a height of 600 pixels.…Indexed color is appropriate for working with logos…or illustrations that include type,…especially where you want to retain…the crispness of the type.…
It works best with images that are…made up of flat colors rather than tonal gradations.…Indexed color images have up to 256 colors.…Exactly which of the original image's 256 colors are used…depends upon the color reduction algorithm.…Colors that fall outside of the reduction algorithm…can be simulated using these different dithering methods,…none of which are desirable.…
I'm going to cancel out of here and…make my mode conversion to Indexed Color…using the Perceptual palette and without any dithering.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.