Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporating shadow to the bottle, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So now that we have the basic tones in there,…we're gonna start adding some shadows…to make this thing really start to pop out.…So I got the polish inside selected.…So I'm gonna take my burn tool…and we'll make it a little smaller.…And I'm just gonna go right here along the side.…Right there.…Give it a nice hit.…And then I'm gonna make it a little bigger,…and then do it one more time right there.…And there we got this nice dark tone…going through there.…Now as far as the highlight,…this color's kinda hard to dodge.…So what I'm gonna do is…I'm just gonna create a layer right on top of it…and we're gonna call it highlight.…
And I'm gonna pick a much lighter version of this red.…In fact, even lighter than that one up there.…Almost to the white.…Real close to the white.…About like that.…In fact, let's go really close to white.…And I'm gonna get my paintbrush,…and we'll make it a little bigger.…And let's make sure we've got complete softness,…and I'm gonna go right through here.…I'm gonna click and shift + click…straight down at the bottom…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.