Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporating the bush and shadow into the scene, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Alright, so now what we're going to do…with this little bush,…is we're gonna put it in a nice little place.…It's gonna have a little home.…Now if you wanna get it a little fuller,…a couple of ways we could do this,…right with what we have now,…I'm gonna turn off the background,…and I'm gonna "Merge Visible."…Merge Visible, right there.…Merge Visible.…See?…And it gave me a new layer that has all these guys in it,…right?…And we can even take this guy off and "Merge Visible" again.…But this time without the option key.…
Merge Visible again.…So there, now we have two of them.…And this one here what we're going to do,…is do a little "Flip Horizontal" on them.…See?…Our bush just got fuller.…And we'll rotate it just a little bit.…There we go, see how nice and full our bush just became?…Ok, so now these two are gonna be merged.…I'm gonna merge this one down, "Command-D,"…it just merges it down.…And what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna take this…and I'm gonna select it, I'm gonna copy it.…I'm gonna give you this one file here, this guy here,…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.