Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the whites of the eyes, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Next, let's take a look at…how we can improve the whites of the eyes.…We'll be working with this portrait here,…and this is actually an image that we've…seen previously in this course.…Previously, we explored how we could improve…some of the skin and also the tones…or the brightness of the skin.…Next, I want to work on the eyes,…and often that's our workflow.…We work on a certain area,…and then we get to another area.…Well, here, with this image, let's zoom into the eyes…and take a look at what we have here.…For me with portraits, it's all about the eyes.…I find the eyes endlessly fascinating.…
And when I zoom in, I notice a few little veins here,…and I want to remove those, so we'll create a new layer.…Click on the new layer icon, and then next…we'll double click the layer name here.…We'll call this one Eyes.…And from here what we want to do…is select the spot healing brush,…so go ahead and choose a spot healing brush.…And up top we can choose our brush size.…Often what you'll find is your brush size…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.