Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the tone of the face, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Hey, great work so far.…The image is looking a ton better.…It's amazing what a little bit of Photoshop work can do for an image.…You know what I want to do next is, work on the face.…Before I do that though, let's put these two layers in a layer group, and with the Shift key, click on the top one…and the bottom one and press Command+G and a Mac, Ctrl+G on a PC, we'll name this dimension.…One of the reason I want to leave those there, is again, I want the flexibility as I'm moving forward.…Now I may flatten those later, but for now I want to keep those, just in case,…I want to modify the intensity of those edits as I progress.…
Alright, well let's zoom in on the face a little bit, couple of different things that I want to do here,…one is I want to brighten up the eyes there a little bit, so I'm going to click on the adjustment layer icon and choose Curves…and make some brightness adjustment here and click, OK.…Next I'll invert that mask, Command+I on a Mac, Ctrl+I on a PC, and currently I'm painting…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.