Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving skin mini project, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll look at another example…of how we can clean up the skin and also deal with…the brightness or the shine on the skin.…This comes from a real world project…where I put these two photographs together of my friend.…Just sent them to the client,…the client said, great, we want to use these.…What I neglected to do was to zoom in on the photograph.…If we zoom in on this image,…here we have a high-resolution file.…So when we zoom in really close,…what we see is that the skin needs a little bit of work…and there's some shine here that I hadn't accounted for.…
So how are we going to fix that?…We'll begin by working on a retouching.…Create a New Layer, and I'll name this one, Skin.…Next, press the J key to select the Spot Healing Brush…and then you can press Shift + J…to toggle through your retouching tools here…until you have the right tool,…which in our case is Spot Healing Brush tool…you want to use a nice small brush.…You always want to make sure you're sampling all Layers…so that you can do your retouching up to the topmost Layer…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.