Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving skin color, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie what I want to do is improve the skin a little bit by reducing the red.…Now if we zoom in a little bit on the image, we will notice there is some reds on the ear, there is also some red on the chin…and the nose, we zoom in to the arm we will notice there is a little bit of red discoloration here.…Now it's really subtle yes but we want to make this look grey so we are going to go ahead and reduce those reds.…Here's how we are going to do it.…We are going to click on the adjustment layer icon and choose Hue saturation.…Next, we are going to move this dialog over and go to the reds and then sample one of these reds in the ear.…
That's going to knock our color selector over here.…Now this bracket show us what color has been selected and then this is the feathering or the transitioning to the other colors.…So I am going to bring this way in so I know it's right on a red, bring in the feathering as well and then modify the hue.…What I am looking to do is to try to find if I am actually targeting the areas I want to target so I can see…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.