Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving skin with Camera Raw and Photoshop, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Most post-production workflows these days…begin with an application like Lightroom, or Camera Raw.…And then we finish things off in Photoshop.…So here let's talk about how we can start in Raw…and then finish in Photoshop.…Here we have a full resolution Raw file…open in Adobe Camera Raw.…It's pretty close to the way it appeared…straight out of the camera, minus a few minor adjustments,…and before you get to the detail work,…you want to make sure all of your adjustments…are exactly where you want them.…Let me illustrate this just for a moment.…So if I increase my exposure,…can you see how we really lose all the detail in the skin?…If I decrease it, well now we notice even more blemishes.…
So again, you want to make sure your settings…are exactly where you want them.…Your exposure, contrast, clarity, sharpness,…you get the gist.…All right, well next, you zoom into one to one view,…and in Camera Raw, which is where I am now,…double click the zoom tool.…In Photoshop, what you would do is press the button,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.