Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the shape of the nose, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Alright, welcome back.…In this movie, we're going to work on the nose.…Let's zoom in a little bit on the nose and take a look at what's happening.…We have this bright spot in the middle of the nose and the shadows over here.…A little bit of brightness is extending now.…So we want to change the way the light is traveling across the nose.…Create a New Layer, Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC, we'll name this nose1.…Click OK. Press "S" to select the Clone Stamp tool and change your Blend Mode to darken, real low Opacity I mean, low, low,…low , let's go about 10% there and that looks pretty good, ten or eleven, that will be fine to zoom in.…
What we're going to do here is with the Clone Stamp tool, Option+Click this dark area…and I want to extent that dark shadow out to over here.…So I'm just going to go ahead and start bringing that out, I'm going to build that up.…Work on this side of the nose as well.…Bring this shadow in.…I want to have the shadow closer on both sides, bringing that in, both sides there…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.