Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving lips, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we're going to work on the lips.…So let's go ahead and press the Q key, that will give us the ability to enter Quick Mask Mode, and then we're going to paint…with 100% Opacity, with our Brush tool, and we're going to paint with black, which in Quick Mask Mode, looks red.…Now, if our painting isn't perfect, that's OK, we want to get our rough selection, and we can modify that Selection layer.…So a rough selection here, a little bit smaller brush size for the edges of the lips.…
I need to clean up the top edge, press the X key, now I'll paint with white, that top edge.…Press the X key, paint with black, just looking to -- it's a pretty good selection here.…Alright, that looks nice.…Then press the Q key to exit Quick Mask Mode and go to Select Inverse.…Now we have the lips selected.…Again, not a perfect selection, yet a good starting point.…Click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Curves.…What we're going to do here is we're going to darken up the lips.…
Then go to the Red Channel, add a little bit of red, so click and drag up.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.