Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving eyes and makeup, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Hey welcome back.…We are going to have some fun with color, with the eyes, with some makeup colors.…Let's click in our topmost layer and then click on the adjustment layer icon and choose Curves.…And next we are going to brighten up the midtones here, we are going to go to our blue channel, we are going to add some blue…to this Curves adjustment then we are going to take this to a blend mode of screen.…Now we need to invert the mask, Command I on a Mac, Ctrl I on a PC, press B to select the Brush tools, zoom in on the eye there…and we are going to paint with 10% opacity that maybe even a little bit high…but we will see we are going to paint with white at 10% opacity.…
So I am going to go ahead and zoom out so I can really see the eye here a little bit,…bring in some of this brightness, brightness and color.…Now I have gone a little bit too far, haven't I.…That's alright.…Here is our before and after.…You know where I am going right I will just back this opacity off until I find this spot that I like before…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.