Most advanced users of Adobe Photoshop, skip the auto commands. However, there is hidden power in these commands that you need to take advantage of. What are these commands and what can you do with them? In this video, learn how to use Auto Curves to improve contrast.
- Most people think of a curves adjustment layer…as being used for contrast.…And built in, are several recipes that you can try out,…both presets and auto methods that are worth looking at.…Lemme show you.…Now, the same process you learned…for fixing color contrast issues…also works for general contrast issue.…Just go to adjustment, and click on the curve adjustment.…Now hold on the option or alt key,…and click on the word auto.…This is gonna bring up a new dialogue,…and you'll see some great choices here.…
One of the ones that I like is…the Enhance Brightness and Contrast.…This goes through and creates a very custom curve,…and really finds what's needed to get clean image…with rich blacks and bright whites.…Now, you can also try the Find Dark and Light Color option,…and this isn't quite as strong,…but as you see here, it goes through…and finds a pure black and a pure white.…And so, that option is a bit more subtle,…but what it does is, restores the black point…and restores the white point, and ensures…a nice clean contrast.…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.