Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving color and contrast with curves, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, I want to make some more color improvements to this particular image.…One of the things that I have noticed is that the color here is too white, it's too metallic.…I want to keep that really warm.…I want to make this image really nostalgic.…So we're going to create a New Layer Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC.…We'll take the Blend mode to Color and we'll name the layer color.…Next, press B to select the Brush tool, zoom-in a little bit and with the Brush tool selected we'll take our Opacity to 40%…and then hold down the Option key on a Mac, Alt key on a PC and sample a nice skin tone.…
Alright, I have a nice skin tone there.…That looks good and then what I'm going to do is just look to paint over these areas that I see that look really white to me.…I want to take out a little bit of that metallic look, I'm just going to go through the image here, painting this color on top…of that lighter tone and it's going to be a subtle improvement.…Hold down the Option key on a Mac, Alt key on a PC.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.