Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the color and brightness of the background, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] With this photograph we will take a look…at how we can clean up and improve the background.…And to do that we'll be creating four different layers,…starting off with a layer where we'll do…a little bit of cloning and then move from there.…Alright, well this is the image as it appeared…straight out of the camera.…And I noticed in the background we have…a little bit of the chair there and the shadow on the wall,…I want to get rid of those items.…How can we do that?…Well, one technique that you can use…is to create a new layer,…and I'll go ahead and call this new layer Cloning,…and here we'll use the Clone Stamp Tool…to get rid of this chair over here.…
Go ahead and press the S key…or just click on the Clone Stamp Tool.…And with the Clone Stamp Tool we want to choose a brush…without any Hardness and a pretty big brush,…maybe a little bit bigger there.…For the Opacity we'll leave this at 100,…Aligned is turned on, and Sample All Layers.…Now this is a retouching technique…that can help you in so many different scenarios.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.