In this video, learn how to set up a digital file that results in a printed result of a specific physical size.
- [Instructor] The relationship between the number … of pixels an image file is composed of, … and its physical size, … is determined by the image resolution. … We are now back in the New File dialogue, … and here we can have a closer look … at the image resolution value. … Image resolution is normally measured … in pixels per inch, or PPI. … In printing, pixels are often seen … equivalent with dots so in printing the image resolution … is normally referred to as dots per inch, or DPI. … And that is a term that you have certainly heard before. … The image resolution determines how many pixels … fit into a specific physical space, … in this case an inch. … To understand all this a little bit better, … we will set up an example. … First, I change the unit for the image dimensions … to inches. … And I want my file to be one inch wide and one inch high. … If I now set the image resolution to 100 pixels per inch, … Photoshop would create a digital image file that is … 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels high. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.