- The basic concepts of digital compositing
- Preparing the right preliminary drawing
- Creating and using mask layers
- Painting and adjusting different light sources
- Coloring through local color adjustments
- Rendering highlights and reflections
- Creating and refining the final composite
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hello, my name is Daniel Lieske. I am an illustrator, comic book author, and digital artist and for over 15 years I've been exploring the possibilities of digital illustration. For a long time, software developers were mainly concerned with recreating traditional drawing and painting techniques on the computer. However, in this course we will explore a technique that can't be done on paper or canvas. By using digital compositing techniques we will create an illustration that will be adjustable in almost all relevant aspects, right up until the moment we call it finished.
We will learn how to separate a picture into its different components, light, color, reflections. How to work on these aspects, step by step, and making our life much easier by doing that. And how to combine the different elements to create our final illustration. After watching this course, you'll have a powerful new tool at your disposal that will enable you to render even the most complicated light setups in your illustrations.
I am sure that you will love the power of compositing.