Mike Rankin reviews key concepts for identifying the purpose and audience for graphics that you should know for the Photoshop ACA exam. This includes the various types of graphics, the target audience, and the context in which the graphic will be viewed, as well as accessibility.
- [Instructor] Let's begin our look at the ACA exam … objectives, starting with the first group: … working in the design industry. … The first topic in this group is to identify … the purpose, audience, and audience needs … for preparing images. … First, what is the purpose of a graphic? … A graphic is just a visual image … created for a specific reason, … whether it's in print, on the web, or in film. … And there are many purposes for creating graphics. … Graphics can convey information and data … to help viewers understand an idea or a situation. … Charts and graphs are graphics … that can help us in this way. … Books, newspapers, magazines, and video … all use graphics in this manner. … Maps illustrate relationships in the physical world, … showing landforms, distances, … political and geographic boundaries, and so on. … Diagrams and illustrations are similar … in that they promote learning and understanding. … Illustrated instructions can help you … assemble and use a product that you buy, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.