ISO affects both the foreground and background exposure, and affects all three color channels and the overall luminance histogram.
- [Deke] In this movie, we're going to take a look at…Part Six of our Elements of Wide Angle Exposure.…Which is to say, ISO and its affect on both the foreground…and the background, as well as all of the histograms,…including luminance, as well as red, green, and blue.…- [Hergen] So, similar to aperture, ISO also affects…both the foreground and background exposure of the image.…ISO therefore, is also going to affect the luminance,…as well as all three of the RGB histograms.…So the red, green, and blue channels.…
So, let's go ahead and take a look…at some real world examples.…So, here we're going to start out at a fairly low ISO of 100.…So, as you can see, the image, both the foreground…and background are pretty dark right now.…And if you look at RGB histogram on the left…and also the luminance, you can see…that most of the data's in the shadows.…Not really much in the mid-tones…and definitely nothing in the highlights.…So, now we've moved up to ISO 200…so we're letting in twice as much as were at ISO 100,…both foreground and background.…
- Wide-angle optics
- Blending and contrasting exposure
- Controlling exposure with aperture
- Lighting underwater
- Shooting on walls and slopes
- Composing underwater shots
- Capturing rays of sunlight
- Going in for close focus
- Post-processing in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Wide Angle?
5. Special Techniques
6. Post Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.