In this video, use a Hue/Saturation adjustment to quickly shift all of the colors within a selection on your canvas.
- [Instructor] The colors on our digital canvas … cannot only be adjusted with tools. … There's also a whole set of adjustment functions … that we can use. … We find them in the main menu under image, adjustments. … Here we have a whole bunch of different adjustments, … and we want to concentrate on the most important ones. … And one of these adjustments is hue and saturation. … If we click it, a window opens … and here we find a couple of sliders … and two color spectrums. … All adjustments that I perform here … only affect the region of my digital canvas … that is covered by my selection. … If I now adjust this hue slider here, … we can see that the hues in my selection are shifted. … And these two color spectrums below here … show me how the adjustment affects my colors. … So if we set the slider back to zero, … we see that red in my image … will also be red after my adjustment. … But if we now use the slider, … we now see that what is red in my original image … will become blue after applying the adjustment. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.