Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Hue/Saturation, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- In addition to the tools that we can use to manipulate…the color that is on the canvas,…we can use Adjustments,…and before I do that, let me perform a little lasso…selection here.…Now I go to Image, Adjustments,…and we have a whole bunch of Adjustments available here,…but I want to concentrate on a few important ones,…and the first one I want to talk about is Hue/Saturation.…
Here, the Hue/Saturation adjustment window…and we have a bunch of sliders here…and the color spectrum.…Let's have a look how they work.…If I adjust the Hue slider, you can see here in the preview…that all the colors within my selection get shifted…along the spectrum.…If I'm using the Saturation slider, I can de-saturate or…saturate the colors in my selection,…and the Lightness slider enables me to darken or lighten…the area that is selected.…
Now, these Adjustments affect all the colors in my selection…because I have selected Master here in this pull-down menu,…but you can actually select a specific color range.…For example, all the Reds.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.