Join Rayce Bird for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use inspirational images and references, part of Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshop.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Reference: a necessary evil…for creating believable monsters.…Let's talk about the good and bad ways…to utilize reference photos.…How to Use Inspirational Images & References.…To really get this message across…let's jump right into Photoshop.…Okay.…Here we have a basic canvas…and a basic brush setup in Photoshop…and we have the reference photos…off to the left side of the screen.…The first thing I want you to do…is just start roughly sketching out…some of the shapes and some of the forms…that you see on all of these creatures.…
It doesn't have to be perfect.…Please stay loose during this stage…otherwise, you can spend 30 or 40 minutes…just drawing one of these creatures.…But you want to just find the basic loose shapes.…On the Jacob's sheep we really like these horns…and the reality of it is,…is a sheep and a goat awfully similar?…So even though we're going to be…focusing more on the horns…from the Jacob's sheep,…the face is so close to the goat…the form languages are going to be…nearly the exact same.…
So we'll pull in some eyes…
- Sketching silhouette in Photoshop
- Refining your character
- Using ZSpheres to create basic anatomy
- Adding to the anatomy with Dynamesh
- Adding eyes, horns, fingers, and clothes
- Coloring, shadowing, and texturing the model
- Using the Transform tools
- Lighting and rendering the creature
- Compositing in Photoshop
- Color correcting and adding noise to the scene
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
1. Character Discovery
2. Sketch It Out
3. Sculpting with Dynamesh
4. Detail Refinement
5. Coloring Techniques
6. Using Transform Tools
7. Lights and Rendering
8. Compositing in Photoshop
9. Finishing Touches
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.