Join Rayce Bird for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Turning Yourself into a Zombie in Photoshop.
- [Voiceover] If you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course, you can download the files on the main page for this course. Open up the images, and then follow along with the same project that I am working on. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can follow along using your own assets. Feel free to experiment and get creative.
Creature creator Rayce Bird, the winner of Face Off, shows how to take a normal portrait and turn it into a hideously frightening zombie with Photoshop. He starts at the very beginning: finding the right image to zombify. He then shifts to "preparing the canvas," where he makes some initial adjustments to get the image going in the right scary direction. From there, it's all about the details, including teeth, veins, bone, blood, color correction, and the proper lighting. In the end, members will have a perfectly horrific zombie version of themselves.
- Finding the right reference images
- Making anatomy changes with the Liquify tool
- Creating custom texture brushes
- Adding zombie features: bone, blood, and gore
- Adding color
- Adjusting the lighting