Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use exercise files, part of Creating Icons with Photoshop.
- If your membership includes access to the exercise files for this course, you can download those course files at the top of the course page on the lynda.com website and then stick them somewhere convenient like your desktop as I've done here. Once you've go those on your desktop, you'll find another set of folders inside of that folder. These folders correspond to the different chapters in which you have exercise files throughout the course. Anytime you see an overlay come on screen indicating what file you need to have open, just navigate to that chapter folder and open up that file, so you can follow along with me as I go step-by-step through the exact same exercise files that you have.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's ok too. You can still follow along using your own files, or simply sit back and watch as I take you through each individual exercise.
- Exploring file formats, sizes, perspective, and platform guidelines
- Choosing an icon style
- Creating sketches and assigning color schemes
- Building a grid system for icons
- Redrawing icons with shapes
- Saving icons
- Generating icons for different operating systems