When you are working with a photo with a person as the subject, you will want to make them look their best. Your subject could have some issues with their skin that are not flattering. One of these is the whites of someone’s eyes. In this video, author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to whiten eyes in Adobe Photoshop.
- When dealing with a subject,…sometimes the eyes, much like the teeth,…might not quite have that pop that you want.…You can lighten the eyes slightly…by making a targeted adjustment.…Let's open up two images…and we'll start with the RAW file to begin with.…What I can do is quickly zoom in on the eye area…and take my Adjustment brush.…Now, I'll target the mask,…and I'm going to make a basic selection.…
Using the Auto Mask option is a good idea here,…and you can really see what it's targeting.…This will allow you to paint in the whites of the eyes…so they're a little bit more targeted.…There we go.…Let's adjust the feathering on that a bit, there we go.…And we'll come do the second eye.…Paint that in.…
You see Auto Mask does a nice job.…And we'll go around here and get the rest of the eye.…Great.…Now, I can turn that off…and target that area for an adjustment.…What we can do here is begin to lift the exposure,…brightening up the eye a bit.…My suggestion is that you pop the white point,…but pull the highlights down ever so slightly…
- Cropping to a specific ratio
- Fixing images that are too bright or too dark
- Dealing with exposure, color, and skin problems
- Whitening teeth and eyes
- Changing the color of an object
- Blurring a background
- Adding a vignette
- Sharpening a photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sizing an Image
2. Exposure Problems
How do I fix a flat sky?4m 17s
3. Color Problems
4. Skin Problems
5. Controlling Focus and Backgrounds
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.