In this video, add highlights to your coloring by using a global adjustment layer.
- [Instructor] We've started the coloring … of our digital drawing … by filling the different areas … of our drawing with a flat, mid-tone color. … Then, we added darker shadows to these colors … by painting darker versions of our mid-tone color … into the individual coloring layers … that we have here in our coloring folder. … We are now ready to introduce … some highlights to our coloring, … and I actually want to use a different technique to do that. … So, we can actually close down the folder here … with our coloring layers, … and what I'm going to do is … I will create a global adjustment layer … to add highlights to my coloring. … We find the adjustment layers down here … in the layer pallet. … This little icon here, when we click it, … we've got a list of different adjustments, … and I want to use a curves adjustment layer. … Here we have the properties of our adjustment, … and I want to make an adjustment … that adds highlights to my coloring, … so I want to brighten everything up, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.