Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiding roots, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to share…with you a technique which is helpful…when you have a situation like we have in this portrait.…This is a portrait of a friend Emily…who has these bright blue eyes…and this beautiful blond hair.…One of the things that you can notice…in the portrait is that her root color is showing…through in this area up here.…And let's say that we want to fix that.…How in the world are we going to do that?…Well this will involve making a number…of different adjustment layers,…and it will take a few steps to get there…but basically to fix this type of an issue…it's based on a principle or concept.…
Let me show you what that is.…The principle or concept is this.…You click on the Curves adjustment layer icon…to create an adjustment, and in this case…we have darker tones so we want to brighten up.…So go ahead and bring up this point right here.…Next, after you've done that, rather than having…this apply everywhere, you go to the tab for the mask,…inside of this area we have a tool called Color Range.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.