Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Harnessing the magic of Content-Aware Fill, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Are you ready to see…another tool or technique that we can use…to clean up our photographs?…Well, here goes.…In this one, we'll look at how we can use…what's called Content-Aware Fill.…Now, the first step of using this technique…is to duplicate your Background Layer,…so we'll click on the Background Layer…and drag this down to the new Layer icon,…then double click the Layer name and rename it,…call it Clean up.…Next step is to choose one of our selection tools.…The one which I'll use is the lasso tool,…and we want to zoom in a little bit,…so press Command + plus on a Mac…or Control + plus on Windows.…
When we zoom in, we want to start…to analyze the area that we want to work on…and make a selection around an object…or something that we want to minimize or get rid of.…Here, I've made a selection of this part of the branch,…that's step number one.…Step two is to go to the Edit pulldown menu,…and here we're going to click on the menu item Fill.…Notice it says Fill..., whenever you see dots,…that means you're going to see a menu,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.