In this video, learn how to use the Modify Selection option in order to adjust the shape and quality of an existing selection.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a lot of tools … and techniques at our disposal … to create selections, … I also want to demonstrate some ways … to handle and adjust our selections. … The first thing that I want to point out … is that when you are in the rectangular marquee tool … and you move your cursor inside your selection, … you will see that it changes … and this enables us to move around our selection … when we now click and drag. … So, we do not have to stick … to the original position of our selection, … we can move it to any place … on our digital canvas. … And then there is the select menu item … up in the main menu. … Here we find all kinds of useful functions … to work with our selections. … One of the most important one … is the deselect function … that also has a shortcut … and by default it is Control + D … or Command + D on the Mac. … You will see me using that shortcut multiple times … in this video. … We also can inverse our selection, … let's just do that … and sometimes you are not able to see that …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.