In this video, experiment with duplicating, moving, and merging layers.
- Now with all these elements on our digital canvas … as we can see, we have quite a bunch of layers here … in our layers pallet. … In fact, it's so many layers that we have to start to scroll … in order to see them all. … I'd say, lets tidy up this layer pallet a little bit … and a great tool to do that is using groups. … So if I select different layers, lets select all the bushes … for example, and I do that by clicking and holding … the shift key while clicking on the separate layers. … We now have a multi selection of layers and here down in … the layers pallet, we find this little folder icon. … Create a new group. … Lets do that, we have now have a group and all our bushes … are collected in the group. … If we click the little arrow here we can expand the group, … can now see the bushes but maybe we do not have to see them … all the time. … We can simply double click the name here of the group … and call it Bushes. … Lets also do the same with the elements of the tree here … so, our tree is combined of four different layers, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.