Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Group layers, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- There is another interesting way in which you can use…the color that already is in a specific layer…as a selection, so to say,…and that is grouping.…I will now create a new layer…and I will apply a little bit of paint…with a paint brush,…maybe I'll make it a little bit smaller.…And I'm painting over the outline of the hill here…by intention because that will…give us the opportunity to see…the layer grouping in action very clearly.…
So I have now created…these rocky hilltops…and they are sitting on their own layer.…And now I want to use grouping to make sure…that they are masked off with the contour…of the hills here.…And in order to do that,…first I have to move this layer right above the…layer that I want to use as a mask.…And that's this layer here,…the hills on the background.…
Now the layer with the gray color application…is directly on top of this layer and now…if I hold the alt key and move my cursor…just between those two layers,…my cursor changes…and when I now click,…the layer with the gray color application…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.