This video explores the characteristics and usage of the Grayscale color mode.
- [Instructor] This movie is about Photoshop's…Grayscale Color Mode.…To convert a color image to grayscale the best…way is to first of all apply a Black and White…Adjustment Layer and then you can use the sliders…to determine the contrast of the image.…We get to a Black and White Adjustment Layer…either by clicking on the Black-White circle…at the bottom of the Layers Panel,…or by coming to the Adjustments Panel…and clicking on the relevant icon.…I'm now going to just move my image…slightly to the left, hold down the space bar,…and drag that over.…
To start with, I'm going to get my Yellows Slider…and move that to the right.…That's just going to brighten things up a bit.…Then I'll use my Targeted Adjustment Tool…and move over to what was formerly a blue area of the sky,…and click and drag and move that to the left.…And that's going to add more contrast and drama to the sky.…I'll now close the Properties Panel.…Recenter the image.…Return to my Background Layer.…We now have an image that appears grayscale,…but it's technically still in the RGB Color Mode.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.