Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Graphic Tablet and Pen Pressure, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So, we've seen that we can control the Opacity…of our brush strokes with a pen pressure…and this is a really powerful combination.…But actually, this is only the tip of the iceberg…because all over the brush options,…you will find these little pull-down menus…next to the Control value…and you can drive a lot more than the Opacity…with your pen pressure.…Let's have a look at some examples,…how you can use the Pen Pressure for your brushstrokes.…
So, I will just turn off the Transfer option here…and we go to the Shape Dynamics.…We've seen the Size Jitter and if we put Pen Pressure here,…into the Control option,…then we'll end up with a brushstroke…that will be thin when we press lightly on our pen.…And which becomes thicker…as we press harder on our pen.…And this can be combined with the Opacity.…
If I turn on Transfer again,…we will now have a combination…of opacity driven by pen pressure…and size driven by pen pressure.…Let's have a look at Scattering.…We know that a stroke can be scattered randomly,…but we can also use the pen pressure…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.