Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Gradient, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- A sub-tool of the Paint Bucket is the Gradient Tool.…The Gradient Tool is also very interesting…if you want to fill your canvas with color.…The Gradient Tool provides a little cursor…where we define the start of our gradient.…And then, if we click and hold,…we can…see this little rubber band here,…and where we release it,…the end of our gradient will be placed.…
So, let's just do it.…And we see that we now have a gradient…from our foreground color to our background color…over the defined distance.…The Gradient Tool uses the gradient that is preset…in this little pull-down up here.…The first option is a gradient between foreground…and background colors,…so, let's just give it another try…and we'll define a more distinct…background color.…And now we can make gradients…with these two colors.…
We also can choose the second option,…which uses only the foreground color…and creates a gradient from the foreground color…to a transparency.…And if you use that, we will see…that here's our foreground color…and it fades out to transparency.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.