Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Photoshop CS5: Selections in Depth.
That wraps up our deep dive into selections in Photoshop CS5.…Now that you know how all the selection tools and refinements work, and you have…a sense of when to use each, promise me that you're going to go out and practice…the methods that I've shown you here.…It really is the only way to get really good at using them.…Thanks so much for watching Photoshop CS5 Selections in Depth.…If you've enjoyed this course, take a look at the many other courses by me, Jan…Kabili, in the lynda.com Training Library.…So long for now, and happy learning!…
- Understanding the when and why of making selections
- Combining and transforming selections
- Selecting fine detail with Refine Edge
- Capturing soft and hard edges in one selection
- Understanding the relationship of selections to masks
- Removing color fringe around selections
- Using the Marquee and Lasso tools
- Working with the Color Range command
- Selecting with the Pen tool and paths
- Making easy selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Working with Refine Mask
- Sharing selections between images
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland26h 24m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
1. Why Make Selections?
2. Selection Basics
3. Modifying Selections
4. Refining Selections
5. Geometric Selection Methods
6. Drawing Selection Methods
7. Tonal and Color Selection Methods
8. Using Image Properties to Select
9. Saving Selections
10. Working in Quick Mask Mode
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.