Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Photography and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Understanding the effects of sharpening
- In-depth examinations of Unsharp Mask, Smart Sharpen, Emboss, and High Pass
- Smoothing an image with the Surface Blur, Despeckle, and Reduce Noise features
- Working with smart objects and smart filters
- Creating edge masks and non-edge masks
- Sharpening for digital-image capture using Camera Raw
- Gauging and exploiting luminance frequency
- Exploring creative applications of sharpening
- Sharpening a multilayer composition
- Sharpening eyes, hair, and out-of-focus backgrounds
- Reducing noise in a high-frequency image
- Determining ideal settings for commercial and inkjet output
- Sharpening very large-format images
- Sharpening an image for the web or screen output
Skill Level Intermediate
If you were the kind of person who chooses the regular old Sharpen Command and calls it the day, I'd be hard-pressed to explain why you needed ten hours and a 115 movies of training to fully understand the uses for and best applications of sharpening, but you're not that person, right? And after ten hours and a 115 movies. You know to use a Sharpen tool instead. But seriously folks, I hope you learned yourself a thing or two and you feel it might better for it. I mean, after all lets talk about Smart Objects and Smart Filters and Smart Sharpen, I don't know how you could help it feel smarter.
Heck! These videos have been more about smartening than sharpening. Ah! I so should have called this series Photoshop CS3 Smartening Images! What was I -- I hate it when I come up with great ideas like this late in the process. I mean, this is movie a 115 out115... Hello!... listen to us, lets not fight. We've had a good series. We had the thing with the sharpening and the noise reduction. Remember the fun we had with High Pass and the More Accurate checkbox, that stuff was insane.
I didnt know what you were doing with that; that was awesome. Lets not let this smartening thing get us down, alright then, it's agreed. It's all good, and incidentally, if you are looking for more where that came from, don't forget to check out www.lynda.com/deke. I have so much more to share with you, so much, such a big heart. I don't know sometimes; I feel like I cant quite close it with you. I just want to keep talking, you know. No, it's you, it's you, you're so cool.
But look, you've got to go, you've got things to do So me too. I got my stuff, I'll see you later, for lynda.com, no, no, it's OK. This is Deke McClelland saying, see Ya!