Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Artistic Concepts in Photoshop and Illustrator 2.
- My farewell in the first volume of Artistic Concepts…kind of stressed the idea of…going through life with your eyes open.…What I want to give you an idea in this one…is that I showed you a lot of the features of Photoshop…and I like to say that…anything that your imagination can come up with…there is a way of doing it in Photoshop.…I strongly urge you to go in there…and see it as a game.…Play with it.…See what those tools can do.…If you're faced with a dialogue box…put in a five…put in a 10…put in a minus 50…and see what it does.…
Hold onto the option key.…Hold onto the option and the shift key…and see what things do.…It isn't always documented…that a filter will change…if you hold down that option key…but that's how you find out by playing.…Sit there and play.…It's a game.…It really is a game.…You're not killing anybody.…You're just being creative…and making things happen.…So I strongly urge that you sit there and play…because that's the best way to learn the stuff.…Have a good time and be creative.…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels
Skill Level Advanced
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.