Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more 3D + Animation and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Note: This installment of Digital Matte Painting Essentials builds on the concept sketch from the first course, but it's not necessary to have those files to proceed.
- Understanding the three types of linear perspective
- Preparing your concept sketch for drawing
- Setting up vanishing points
- Finding the first boxes in perspective
- Roughing in the other rectilinear forms
- Creating a flat crenellation
- Plotting measuring points
- Drawing ellipses
- Adding repeating details to walls
- Delineating the background
Skill Level Beginner
I hope you enjoyed watching the second part of the fundamentals of digital map painting series prospective. There are three more parts to go, so I hope you'll join me in the following section where you'll learn all about the next important tool in the mad artist tool kit, form. We'll show you how light falls on forms, and how to set up a light side, a dark side, add cores and cast shadows.