Join David Mattingly for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Digital Matte Painting Essentials 2: Perspective.
- View Offline
I hope you enjoyed watching the second part…of the fundamentals of digital map painting series prospective.…There are three more parts to go, so I hope you'll join me in the following…section where you'll learn all about the next…important tool in the mad artist tool kit, form.…We'll show you how light falls on forms, and how to set…up a light side, a dark side, add cores and cast shadows.…
Note: This installment of Digital Matte Painting Essentials builds on the concept sketch from the first course, but it's not necessary to have those files to proceed.
- Understanding the three types of linear perspective
- Preparing your concept sketch for drawing
- Setting up vanishing points
- Finding the first boxes in perspective
- Roughing in the other rectilinear forms
- Creating a flat crenellation
- Plotting measuring points
- Drawing ellipses
- Adding repeating details to walls
- Delineating the background