Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting started, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop.
To get started using Photoshop to create motion graphics, we need to make sure…our system is set up properly by setting up some preferences and adjusting …our workspace in motion preset.…Let's start with preferences.…On the Mac if you go up to Photoshop in the upper left corner, you can…choose Preferences.…Under Windows, it would be in the Edit menu.…Now let's go to Preferences and choose Performance.…In the Performance area here, let's start in the upper left corner, Memory Usage.…
The more RAM your computer has, the better the performance is going to be.…Now if Photoshop is going to be the only application you're going to use, …you can increase the percentage.…I would just make sure to always leave at least 20% for other applications.…Now come down to the Scratch Disks area.…This is really important.…Right now, the scratch disk Photoshop is using is the Macintosh Hard Drive which…is where we have our operating system set up.…So I'm going to deactivate this as a scratch disk and I will activate the Media drive.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.